The Bashkirs were recognized as the sole owners of their lands, the Russian government has promised not to interfere in their internal affairs, not to pay them in the Orthodox faith and left their local rulers. Bashkirs not only paid regular tribute, and served their military service. The boundaries of the areas belonging to the Bashkirs, were joined at the point where the river flowed into the White Ufa. Therefore, this area has become a political, administrative and economic center of Bashkortostan. In this connection, the question arose about the need for the construction of the city, which would ensure the protection of the territory of the steppe nomads, and also served as a place of tribute collection. Therefore, in 1574 Russian archers laid on the right bank of the White fortress city, was originally a simple fortified. On the southern and eastern side of the area defended by the steppe two rivers - White and bustle, in the north-east side was poured strong earthen rampart.