So, in the second half of XI century. We began to be defined borders Novgorod "region" in the south; limit the spread of the Novgorod possession was put here oncoming traffic from Polotsk and Smolensk. Novgorod "area" covered the upper reaches of. Great and headwaters. Lovat, and in between, in the territory, connecting the Pskov land with Velikie territory spread Novgorod tribute and formed new territorial accretion to shelonsko- polistenskim lands, is up to the end of the XV century. particularly in respect of the taxable territory. General danger from Polotsk of contiguous, followed by Lithuania united flanks this milestone in military terms. No wonder in 1211, after the war preparations and, obviously, in connection with them (provided the new "City") to Vitebsk was appointed Vladimir "Pleskovsky" about which we know that in 1213 ( "while") Pskov him "... expelled from itself" (Novgorod. 1st l.). Later, in 1216-1217 gg., We see him again in Pskov, and later, in 1225, it develops activities in the south and Lithuania opposed to "novotorzhtsami" . Perhaps, in this period, the division on the lips was introduced in Novotorzhsky townships. It may have to come from Pskov: Pskov land was no graveyards in the territorial sense, and was replaced by his lips. In addition to the Pskov land and Novotorzhsky townships lips traces of existence we find only Ashevskom churchyard, in Vlitskoy thirds Pustorzhevskoy parish .