The pilot was placed in the right fuselage. To get into the cockpit door served as the automobile type, have already worked in the design and construction of the EDP. Chassis four-stand, clean, with two nose strut. The armament consisted of two guns caliber 23 mm and four 12.7 mm machine guns and four ShKAS. The chosen scheme allowed successfully establish small arms in the center section. There is supposed to be placed on the inside of the suspension 4 100 kg bombs. OI-2 project under consideration by the Research Institute of the Air Force in April 1941 caused the approval and mostly received support. It was proposed to move the pilot in the left fuselage to improve visibility and range to bring up to 2000 km. Constructor recommended a more careful study of the ideas and to submit a complete draft design. However, after 2 months of the war, and OI-2 project is no longer under development.