The building DB-LK, mostly completed by September 1, 1939 for testing aircraft was transported to the airfield Chkalovsky Air Force Research Institute in which it was collected, we conducted testing of the control and equipment. taxiing and trial runs began in November. It should be noted that in 1934-36. scheme "flying wing" pilots aroused genuine interest and even curiosity. However, the tests of such devices, particularly aircrafts Kalinin K-12 and Beach 14 Cheranovskii, did not bring satisfaction and interest in the "wing" has decreased significantly. DB-LK appeared precisely during disappointments, so did not cause any enthusiasm or surprise. According to the memoirs of test pilot PM Stefanovsky, Testing Institute staff is very skeptical about the emergence of on the tarmac Belyaeva aircraft and christened it "chicken."